Monday, January 7, 2008

Dashing through the snow




As Ryan and Davin picked up the thick sheet of ice from the top of the bear locker, a mischievous grin emerged from their faces. What someone else would see as just a slab of ice, they saw as an opportunity to live the full life, to embrace an ordinary circumstance and make it extraordinary. I'm not quite sure how we think of the things we think about, but we always come up with ideas to make life more interesting, for us and for those around us. I wasn't quite sure what to expect as I ran towards what seemed like an impenetrable icy barricade, but I knew we had a camera at hand and a chance to create a memory that would last through the years. As we rammed our bodies through the walls of ice and tumbled onto the snow beneath, there was a sense that life was now a little fuller than a few seconds ago, and the day had just begun.

3 comments:

The Ton Face said...

Welcome, as I expected, a marvelous first go... I can't wait for more stories.

lauren said...

these pictures are so fun

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.